Wigan 26-8 Castleford: Tigers face anxious wait after Warriors loss

Wigan vs Castleford
Super League
7:45pm Thursday 12th September

DW Stadium

Castleford missed out on the chance since they are beaten by Wigan to secure their position in the play-offs 26-8 in the DW Stadium.
The Warriors secured second position together with the win in the table, but for Cas, their season might be finished.
They began the nighttime par with Hull before their final fixtures and, as a result of this loss, will soon be going on holiday on Monday if the Black and Whites beat St Helens on Friday.
Castleford’s early approaches appeared to be to choose Jamie Ellis kicked off a penalty for George Williams to respond with a try for Wigan and anything they could.
Ellis had the opportunity to kick the Tigers in front however he missed two more penalty attempts.
Two tries in three minutes in Zak Hardaker and Joe Greenwood’s space then sealed the game for the Oliver and Warriors Gildart added a second until Jesse Sene-Lefao found for going in with all the knees on Oliver Partington red.
Morgan Smithies completed the scoring for the Warriors on.
The Tigers dominated the opening 15 minutes and also took the lead in the ninth with Ellis after Wigan didn’t clean the ruck, slotting over a penalty.
While Peter Mata’utia and Paul McShane both made runs on the center jake Trueman was held inches short for Castleford.
Defence turned into attack in the 16th minute with Williams stepping beyond Mike McMeeken tackle.
An error by Dan Sarginson gave 20 metres from the line of Wigan to Castleford possession and Ellis went agonisingly close to putting his side in front after Trueman’s kick hit the post and bounced straight back to him but Hardaker was to clear his lines.
Wigan found it hard to complete their collections of coughing possession up with Romain Navarrete.
Greenwood then made a speech on McMeeken to let Ellis the chance to level the scores, but he sent his attempt wide.
He had the opportunity to redeem himself because Wigan led 4-2 at the 25, however the article struck.
Two attempts in 3 minutes that are second-half put Wigan. Hardaker took advantage of a mistake in Greg Minikin to get down from his kick. He added the extras for a 10-2 lead.
Later Sarginson made a run to put Wigan in a good attacking positionthe ball was sent across to the left and right Greenwood was to touch down in the corner.
Castleford had opportunities but they can find no way through the resolute defence of Wigan.
Their task was made harder when Sene-Lefao was shipped off for moving in on Partington along with his knees.
While Smithies appeared , until Cheyse Blair felt on the hooter for Castleford hardaker extended Wigan’s lead to 18 points with a punishment for messing around at the play-the-ball.

Read more here: http://amebogistswebsite.xyz